Food for Life - Gold Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Completion of the Food for Life – Silver Scoutcraft Badge is a prerequisite for this badge.
- Draw up a basic business plan, which you are to implement, which includes:
- Name of the business;
- Market place – Where you will sell your produce and who will your customers be;
- Product – What you will be selling;
- Budget – How you will keep accurate record of income and expenditure and how much you will charge for your products;
- Staffing – Who will be responsible for each job; and
- Marketing – How will you market your product – including a poster or banner that you will use.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Pickle a vegetable
- Make jam
- Dry a vegetable or fruit
- Grow two types of these vegetables and donate them to a worthy cause or help an orphanage, old age home, church, etc. to start a garden.
- Explain how you will test the type of soil that you have.
- Explain two types of irrigation that you can use for your vegetable garden.
Requirements in PDF
- Scout Interest Badges
- Food for Life
- Food For Life - Starter Badge
- Food For Life - Silver Badge
- Gardener Badge