Meerkat Safety Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Do the following:
- Find out about safety in the home and share what you have learnt with other Meerkats.
- Explain why you should never keep secrets.
- Act out an emergency situation with other Meerkats.
- Explain why and when you should stop, drop and roll.
- Explain why you should not play with matches or fire.
- Explain why you need to keep a window open if gas or paraffin is being used.
- Explain when you need to wear a seat belt in a car or taxi and why you should sit in the back seat.
- Explain where it is safe to cross the road.
- Demonstrate how to cross the road.
- Play a memory game with the most common road signs.
- Explain why not to go or play near water without an adult.
- Explain where it is safe to swim.
The Safety Badge is part of the Life Skills theme.