Rover Arts and Culture Award
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Choose a recognised cultural activity or hobby (Music, Art, Drama, Dance) and actively undertake this for a period of at least 1 year. In doing so, one should produce a sufficient body of work (pieces, performance or art works) as evidence of both commitment and personal progress in the chosen cultural activity.
- In your chosen cultural activity, be an active participant in a group or club structure relevant to your cultural activity for at least 1 year (e.g.: Orchestra, Choir, Art Group, Am-Dram Society)
- Achieve a high level of standard relative to your ability (as determined with your Rover Scouter or Crew Council), or have served in an administrative role within your group or club structure for at least 2 years.
- Research the History, Significant Figures, Technical Elements and Techniques of your medium. Choose a specific aspect of your research and prepare a presentation to your Crew.
- Be able to critically analyse one's own work, as well as the work of a peer, and explain the analysis to your Crew Council or Rover Scouter.
- Find out about three career opportunities in your field. Pick one and find out the education, training, and experience required for this profession. Prepare a presentation and discuss this with your Crew, and explain why this profession might interest you.