Rover Sportsmanship Award
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Participate in a sport at club level for at least two consecutive seasons, showing good commitment to the sport and club activities.
- For at least the same length of time, select one of the following:
- Participate in an additional sport (you need not attain the same level of proficiency as your primary sport).
- Serve as an official for a sport of your choice.
- Serve as a coach or trainer for the sport of your choice.
- Take part as a volunteer or organiser in a sports development programme in your community.
- Attain a high level of proficiency in the sport of your choice (maintain a high standard relative to your ability – judged by your RSL and Crew) or have served on the club committee for at least two terms of office.
- Demonstrate that you have knowledge and a full understanding of the rules governing your chosen sports, and that you adhere to these.
- Give a talk to an audience not made up of fellow sportsmen, stressing the benefits of sport, exercise and healthy living.
- Draw up a training programme that you would need to follow to improve your performance in your sport of choice. The schedule must include training in and out of season. Follow that programme for a year and report back to your crew on your progress.