Signaller Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: 90% accuracy for sending and receiving is required.
- Demonstrate that you know the recognised procedure when sending and receiving messages.
- Construct a Morse buzzer set to operate between two rooms.
- Send and receive an unrepeated message of not less than 150 letters at rate 7 in semaphore (35 letter per minute).
- Send and receive a similar message in Morse:
- On a buzzer at rate 6 (30 letters per minute).
- On a lamp at rate 5 (25 letters per minute).
- Improvise at least two methods of sending a message (one in Morse and one in semaphore) at least one kilometre, at or over rate 4 (20 letters per minute).
- Know how to communicate with a searching aircraft and know the international ground-to-air code.
Requirements in PDF