Simple emergency kit
Silver Wolf - First Aid: Make a simple emergency kit and know how to use it
When discussing this requirement with your Cubs, make sure that you have a couple of examples to show them. Remember that this emergency kit should be small and compact enough to fit into the uniform pocket. It may be in a small tin, plastic container or just a plastic bag, but it must be waterproof. Regarding the contents of the kit, it depends upon the individual, but it should only contain items that will be of use:
- Some plasters or dressing strips – to cover blisters, cuts and grazes.
- Coins or telephone cards – to use a public telephone in an emergency.
- Notepaper and a pencil – for jotting down a message or some information.
- Some safety pins – these have many uses.
- A plastic bag — which can be used as an emergency drinking Cup, or to carry water, or for helping an injured person who is bleeding.
- A pair of tweezers with blunt ends – to remove thorns and splinters.
- It is also a good idea to include a small piece of card on which you have written:
- Your name and address.
- Your home telephone number.
- Emergency numbers, just in case they are needed.