Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a quick way to prevent the ends of a rope from unravelling.
- Use about 30cm of thin whipping twine.
- Start with a loop of twine along the rope.
- Proceed to bind a series of turns around the rope
(about the same length as the diameter of the rope).
- Thread the end of the twine through the loop.
- Finally pull the other end of the twine so that a lock is formed within the binding.
- Cut off the loose ends.
Note: If the length of the turns is too long or too short the whipping is less robust and it will come loose.