Swimmer Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|“||The list of boy scout heroes shows you what a large proportion of accidents are due to not knowing how to swim. It is therefore most important that everybody should learn to swim, and, having done so, to learn how to save others from drowning.||”|
|— Robert Baden-Powell, "Scouting for Boys" 34th edition 1932 (246-7)|
- Have passed the Swimming Scoutcraft Badge or complete all the requirements for it.
- Swim 250 metres in any overarm or crawl style
- Swim the following using the correct style:
- 50 metres backstroke.
- 50 metres breaststroke.
- 50 metres butterfly.
- 50 metres lifesaving kick.
- Swim at least one kilometre using any stroke or combination of strokes.
- Perform the following dives:
- Racing dive from the edge of the pool.
- Neat dive from a springboard.
- Satisfy the examiner that you are capable of instructing a non-swimmer in the basic principles of swimming.
- Explain to the examiner the safety rules and regulations governing swimming in the sea, lakes, dams, and rivers.
Requirements in PDF