Treating a simple cut or graze
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Silver Wolf - First Aid: Show how to treat a simple cut and graze
- NEVER TOUCH a bleeding wound on anyone except yourself, unless you have your hand covered by plastic gloves or a plastic bag.
- Remember to wash your hands before treating a graze or cut on yourself.
- Rinse the wound under running water, if possible until clean. Let the injured person wash their own wound as they will know when it hurts.
- If you have a first aid box handy dry the skin around the wound and cover it with an adhesive plaster such as Elastoplast or band aid. Otherwise simply cover the wound with a clean handkerchief and tie gently around the injured part, using a reef knot to the tie the ends.
- Remember when removing your glove or plastic bag to take if off so that it is inside out. By doing so this leaves the blood inside the glove or bag.