Artist Scout Interest Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submit at least 3 works done by yourself in your chosen medium or media.
- Have a working knowledge of the equipment and media that you used in creating your work.
- Demonstrate by practical example:
- Colour Sense.
- Shadow and highlight.
- Tonal changes to enhance perspective.
- Using pencil and paper, produce on the spot a recognisable and artistic sketch of two of the following:
- Caricature of the examiner.
- Still-life from within the room.
- The view from the window.
- A common object (bookcase, ashtray etc).
- Traditional African Art.
- Produce a piece of art using digital media.
- Do A. B. or C.
- A. Discuss a well-known artist using at least 3 of the following topics:
- Life and background.
- Style and works.
- Media used.
- Colour and tone.
- Favourite subjects.
- B. Recognise and describe at least 4 styles of work of artist in the following historical groupings:
- Ancient Greece.
- Up to the 17th Century.
- 17th to 19th Century.
- 20th Century.
- C. Discuss with the examiner at least four art related topics such as classicism, impressionism, cubism, and modernism.
Requirements in PDF