Cub Presentation of Advancement and Interest Badges
The ceremony is done after Grand Howl and is a uncomplicated event. (This may be done at the opening or closing ceremony.)
Awarding a Badge
- The Pack is formed up in a Parade Circle.
- Akela explains briefly the badge to be awarded and adds a few words of congratulations and encouragement.
- The Cubs are called up individually to receive their badges.
The Pack may honour them with the Pack Yell, or “ONE, TWO, THREE – WOOF”, or “WOOF, WOOF, WOOF” to conclude the ceremony. If a parents' evening is due very soon, badges could be presented then, but Cubs should rarely be kept waiting for more than one week before being presented with a badge.
- Sixer and Second stripes are presented in the same way as Advancement and Interest badges.
- The Cub does not reaffirm their Promise at the presentation.
- Again a simple ceremony and it is certainly an occasion for congratulations and “Good Hunting”.
- The Pack might also give the Pack Yell, or “ONE, TWO, THREE – WOOF”, or “WOOF, WOOF, WOOF”.