Jump to navigation Jump to search
Objective: To prepare the Cub for the Troop.
Link Badge requirements
(Responsibility of the Troop Scouter)
- Attend at least three formal Troop meetings. To be completed with your Future Patrol Leader:
- Demonstrate correctly the Scout Salute, Scout Sign and the Left Handshake, and explain when each is used.
- Recite the Scout Motto. To be completed with your Troop Scouter:
- Repeat from memory the Scout Promise and Scout Law, and explain their meaning and how to carry them out.
- Show a general knowledge by talking about the life of the Founder, Lord Baden Powell of Gilwell, why he started Scouts and the spread of Scouting worldwide.
- Sing or recite the national anthem and briefly describe its history, recognise the South African flag and national symbols as well as the Coat of Arms.
- Show an understanding of your rights and responsibilities as a child and when to say "no".
Notes: These requirements must be completed with the Troop Scouter as soon as possible and preferably within three weeks of your joining the Scout Troop.