Pioneering Scoutcraft Badge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scouts and knots go hand in hand. So enjoy the great skill of knot tying and learn about the great projects you can build. Great ideas for having fun with your patrol or troop.
- Whip the ends of 3 ropes using the following and know on what types of ropes each whipping is best suited:
- Using the ropes you have whipped, tie the following knots, and demonstrate their uses:
- Tie the following knots in nylon filament (fishing line):
- Make the following lashings with a high degree of efficiency, and know the uses of each:
- Make the following splices in a rope with a diameter of at least 12 mm:
- Construct two of the following projects, working on your own:
- Camp table or dresser using lashings.
- Flagpole at least 5m high using round lashings.
- Model bridge (monkey bridge or trestle bridge).
- Raft to carry two persons. Demonstrate it on water.
- Scout transporter or Haymaker Bridge.
- Or another project approved by the examiner.
Requirements in PDF